Why a wool dog bed | A closer look at the Stockwell Collection
Designing our beautiful dog beds is so much fun and we can't wait to share with you why we chose wool as one of our beautiful fabrics! As you will probably already know by now, Bone & Home luxury dog beds are designed not only to look great in the home but have a practical side too.
- Wool reacts to changes in body temperature, so it helps your dog keep warm when it is cold and cooler when it is warm.
- Durable and retains its appearance over a long period of time this is due to the spring-like nature of the fibres which stop it from becoming flat, hard and worn.
- Wool is resistant to static electricity as it can absorb moisture vapours in the atmosphere, so won't cling to your dog's fur and cause discomfort.
- As wool generates less static electricity, it in turn attracts less dirt and dust from the atmosphere allowing it to stay cleaner for longer.
- Wool is formed of a series of overlapping scales which make it difficult for dirt to penetrate the surface of the fabric, so it simply sits on top making it easy to remove by vacuuming.
- Wool is hypoallergenic, it is resistant to bacteria, mould and mildew in the atmosphere which are commonly known to cause allergic reactions. It also has anti-micrscopic pores which make it an unfavourable breeding ground for the house dust mite.
How do I care for my wool dog bed?
We are asked this question a lot! While we recommend brushing and vacuuming in the first instance, many of our customers do successfully wash their Stockwell beds on a wool wash (very low temperature and very low spin) and always line dry.
To find out more about, how it is produced and the fantastic benefits we recommend these sites: